The safety of our employees, customers, and manufacturers is our top priority. Steps we are taking to prevent COVID-19’s spread and allow us to remain available and eager to assist customers include:
- Employees have been asked to stay home if they have symptoms of a cold or flu.
- Daily temperature checks and symptom screening of all employees and essential visitors.
- 6′ distancing policy between all employees.
- Employees must wear masks.
- When possible, meetings are done remotely; travel is limited to essential customer visits to help with current needs.
- Salespeople are provided PPE including masks and hand sanitizer for use before, during, and after plant visits.
- Salespeople keep apprised of avoidable “hot spots’ by checking the infection status of any plant prior to their visit.
- Each employee has been asked to limit their risk of exposure. Those that cannot, are assigned to work from home.
Food production is crucial to feed the world’s nearly 8 billion people, and we are dedicated to helping our customers continue operating in these challenging times. If you have questions, please contact our HR team: HRdept@columbiafoodmachinery.com